1. Who are we?
2. What’s the point of this policy?
2.1 It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
2.2 Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
3. Might the policy change?
3.1 Yes. Please check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date. We may also notify you of any changes by email or in-service message.
4. What do we collect?
4.1 Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as:
- your name and contact details;
- other information provided when you make an application through us such as date of birth, nationality, countries visited, residential address history, passport and driving licence information;
- details about your transactions on our service; and
- your communications with us.
4.2 Automated information about your use of our service such as: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
4.3 The following information about you may be provided to us by other people:
- • Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing / delivery addresses.
5. What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
5.1 Because it’s necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you and/or to perform such a contract, e.g., send service messages, process payments and fulfil orders. This applies to initial enquiries and to contact and transaction details and other information which you provide in connection with your application.
5.2 Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies to automated usage data.
6. How long do we keep personal information?
6.1 For 180 days after you make your application via our site. You can request that your information is deleted earlier by emailing us at the above email address.
6.2 We may hold on to some of your information for longer (typically up to six years) if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes, prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
7. To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
7.1 To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. website hosts, payment providers, and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website and which provide us with e-commerce, analytics and other IT services.
7.2 To the relevant official body in connection with your application.
7.3 To credit reference agencies, regulators and the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements.
7.4 To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
7.5 To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
8. Do we send your information outside the European Union?
8.1 Your personal information which we collect is stored within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries except as follows.
8.2 Your personal information may be transferred to the US by the following companies certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which provides certain safeguards for your personal information: Google (analytics / advertising).
8.3 Your personal information may also be made available to our web developer, with whom we have entered into a contract which contains certain EU-adopted standard transfer clauses (see further information here) designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information.
9. What rights do you have?
9.1 If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
9.2 You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
9.3 If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
9.4 For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
10. What about cookies?
10.2 We ourselves may place the following types of cookies:
|Type of cookies||Purpose|
|Logged-in status||Assess whether you are logged in to our site|
|“Remember me”||Remember you and speed up your login when you return to our site|
|Authentication||Identify and authenticate you to help you move easily through the site|
|Shopping cart||Remember contents of your cart and related preferences|
|Security||Provide security-related features to protect our site, for example to help stop fraudulent logins|
|Cookie notice||Store your response to our cookie notice|
10.3 Companies which provide us with a service also place cookies. Some of these cookies (e.g. from Google) may involve certain information, such as your IP address and web address of the page you’re visiting, being sent to the company concerned. Below is a summary of the kinds of cookies used together with details about who places them and where you can go to get more information and to opt out (where possible):
- Analytics cookies: These kinds of cookies recognise and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and where the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by:
- • Google Analytics (“GA”). More:
- • Advertising cookies: These kinds of cookies are typically used to personalise ads on this or other sites based on your use of our site, to measure ad effectiveness (for example, how often you click on or view ads and whether you go on to buy something from the advertiser) and to stop you being shown the same ad repeatedly. These cookies are provided by:
- • Google (including Analytics Ad Features / AdSense / Doubleclick)
- – general information about the types of cookies placed by Google including advertising
- – Google’s use of its partners’ data including how to control information collected by Google
- • Payment provider cookies: Our payment provider may place cookies if you use their payment services on our site: